D.C. Cup volunteers are responsible for executing various initiatives and activities at the tournament.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Running various activities while providing friendly customer service to tournament guests.
- Providing players, coaches, and guests with information on the D.C. Cup, its benefits and services.
- Set-up and take down of the tournament including tents, displays, where required.
- Provide feedback from coaches, players, and guests to the D.C. Cup Tournament Committee.
- Assisting in selling D.C. merchandise
- Reporting the scores to the Tournament Administrator.
- Other duties as required.
Required skills / qualifications include:
- Friendly and energetic with a passion for engaging with the public
- Strong customer service and communication skills an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Strong communication skills an asset, but not required
Must be available to attend the D.C. Cup (July 1-4, 2022). Below are times that will be required by the volunteer. Locations are also mentioned below.
Volunteers are not required to stay the entire time. If the hours below do not work for you, then you can request additional hours within the 8 am - 8 pm time frame.
Event takes place outdoors on a soccer field which may include exposure to varying weather conditions including extreme heat or rain.
This role requires standing and/or sitting for long periods of time, possibly upwards of 3 hours at a time.
Lifting of objects less than 40 lbs. may be required (lifting boxes of promotional items, giveaway items and other outreach materials)
Must have access to transportation on the day of the event.
Help to set up the field prior to the start of the first game.